American Association of Equine Practitioners The AAEP's mission is to improve the health and welfare of the horse, to further the professional development of its members, and to provide resources and leadership for the benefit of the equine industry. These principles have guided the AAEP for more than six decades in the activities and services it provides.
American Veterinary Medical Association The mission of the Association is to improve animal and human health and advance the veterinary medical profession.
Equine Disease Communication Center The Equine Disease Communication Center (EDCC) works to protect horses and the horse industry from the threat of infectious diseases in North America. The communication system is designed to seek and report real time information about disease outbreaks similar to how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) alerts the human population about diseases in people.
Recognized by the American Veterinary Medical Association in 1971, the purposes of the College shall be the advancement of knowledge and competence; undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate education; research; and clinical service in theriogenology by:
1) the establishment of a certifying organization to recognize veterinarians as specialists in theriogenology,
2) establishing requirements for postgraduate education and experience prerequisites to certification in theriogenology.
3) examining and certifying veterinarians as specialists in theriogenology
4) the encouragement of scientific investigation and research and the reporting of these,
5) the development of continuing education methods and programs for disseminating information to and increasing knowledge of all veterinarians, especially practitioners,
6) the promotion of graduate study and residency programs, and
7) the establishment of high standards and guidelines for professional attainment and specialization.
The College shall evince a dedicated commitment toward the practitioner of veterinary medicine and shall develop special procedures for evaluation, recognition, and certification of competence of veterinary practitioners in theriogenology.
The Society for Theriogenology is an organization of veterinarians dedicated to animal reproduction, whose mission is to promote standards of excellence in reproductive medicine, to provide outreach and education to veterinarians, and to foster continual improvements in theriogenology.